Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

After all that hot air I pumped in my last post, this one's for the anonymous commenter who insists I write something about the year ahead. So I'm gonna be listing out 10 things I intend to do this year, whether they intend to happen to me or not is a different story altogether ;) and some might even not be realistic, now let's not get into that either. Here goes..

UPDATE ON MY 2010 Wishlist on 15th Dec 2011
  1. Buy a car. I can drive OK. I have a license to prove it. Though  the picture in the license bears no resemblance to the license holder - DONE
  2. Organize the Haj trip for my parents. This I've been wanting to do ever since I started working but the M word is the ONLY hiccup.
  3. Get married. Yep.. you read that right. I'm getting dreams where I'm 70 and alone with a house full of cats :D - GETTING MARRIED IN APRIL
  4. Go on a vacation to any or all of the following places - UAE, Singapore, Greece, France, Ireland. This would be one of the unrealistic list item I was talkin about earlier. - UAE - Check, Singapore: Check Greece: You're next :D
  5. Become famous/infamous. Either suits me just fine. Unrealistic Item #2
  6. Be a hotshot copywriter and write lines that win me all the awards that there are to win.
  7. Start working on the book I've been wanting to write, which will be force fed to friends, family and foes. (Alliteration Alert!)
  8. At least be nice to people who are nice to me. People who are not nice to me will be sent to the purgatory ;)
  9. Grow my hair to the original length it was when I was in class 8. It reached till my lower back. Not as easy as it sounds. Really. - HALFWAY THROUGH
  10. Get meself a kitten. If the dream mentioned it Item # 3 has to come true, might as well start now. - ALMOST TOOK ONE HOME :-|
There! I've spit it all out. So much to be done and not necessarily in the given order. Wish me luck!!!



15 comments:

Shamrez Zack said...

Watta a post to start 2010.. keep it coming.. :D

Can I counter your list? Pleeiish.. (" ,).

danku... here you go...

#1 Chennaites, Watch Out !

#2 Insha Allah...

#3 Are u accepting applcations for the opening?

#4 I can sense at least one of those trips happening in 2010

#5 Err, arent u famous already? I thot u r.

#6 Itz juz matter of some time, trust me.

#7 2015 was the target no? strting abhi se.. :O

#8 Njan avanallai...

#9 "Hairomax"

#10 'Kitten' or 'Husband'... Those are ur options huh?


Thot of hiding behind anonymity, but theres already someone there..


Cheers,
Shamz.. :D

Lucifer said...

all d best for those marriage plans :)

n infamous is better...gives more spotlight

Anonymous said...

Did you mention it.. 'for the anonymous commenter'...Im more than happy to see your post!!

My god you have a looong list to do.. Do you plan so much, so ahead.. for a year!!! How come you are a writer ;)
U get dreams where u r 70!!, hahah
i get dreams..i dont exist there at all..
and for sure your book will have one assured reader, count on me!..

Wish to see u famous, to read ur book

Anonymous said...

Shamrez m stealing your idea... Sorry about that... But I have the advantage of not having to reveal my identity:

Marz my comments to your ever growing wishlist

1)Is that a disclaimer?

2)I was trying to get the hindi version of it right but I'll stick to the english one... If you want it with all your heart you will get it...

3)Guys help!!!!

4)try Kerala...!!!! It is a humble,noble & simble place but verrrry good...

5)Make the item #6 the priority... #5 will follow....

6)If there's an SMS poll for it I'll vote for you... I'll ask my friends also I promise... One stone two mangoes (5 & 6)

7)Book???? great idea... &^%$@#*yawn@#$%^&^

8)On my way....

9)Class 8???? U had long hair??? Did you have a long hair in that dream of yours with the cats?????

10)Cats dont live that long... And if your dream has to come true I would say start after 30 years... Hmmm...what you'll be 60 by then???? Perfect....

Any comment mean or boring is purely coincidential....

Mariya said...

@Anonymous 1 & 2. Wonderful! Now there are two mysterious people commenting. Reveal your identities or I KEEEEL YOU!

@ShamrezZack Thank you for patiently commenting for each of my list items :)

@Mayz Welcome to my blog :)

Sakina Adeeb said...

All the best babes...lets plan haj for both our parents together (if u dont mind)..

Hema said...

May this Year bring many opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life and may your resolutions for the year stay firm, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements :)

Shamrez Zack said...

Yeah, you will KEEL me... Malaria right? Mosquito...

Arthi said...

I love your list of things to do.Interesting blog.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to look for a husband who approves of cats. Moreover, the cats too would have to approve of a husband. Quite a sticky quasi-legal situation!

Sandhya Balaji said...

Mast new year expec guru......your wings are certainly on fire..... :P

Juzer said...

I was contemplating restarting my blog with a list of 10 things to do before I die.. You stole my idea :p

Anyhoo.. too many comments gushing in, so I'll just restrict myself to saying this: Best of luck for everything. Insha Allah all of them will come true very soon. :)

Anonymous said...

make your count 3... ;)

Dreams and Destiny said...

Where is the blog for 2011? Its past 3rd Jan 2011

Juzer said...

:)

I was actually wondering as to what's up with #7